- This event has passed.
Bowling Pin Shoot: Advanced
August 14 • 6:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
This tier is for Advanced shooters. We will allow shooters to chose their own Tier, however, Range Safety Officers may reassign you based on their observations.
Entry Fee: $25.00 – Guest must provide payment (in the store or over the phone) no later than close of business Monday, August 12th. Failure to do so will cause your registration to be canceled and the seat offered to a wait-listed guest.
Format: Single Elimination Bracket
Equipment Requirements: Ear protection, eye protection, 9mm handgun, firearm case, and polycased frangible ammunition. Ammunition MUST be purchased at Triangle Shooting Academy. Please understand that this requirement is in place as a safety precaution in efforts to eliminate the chance of ricochet.
Distance & Rounds:
Novice – 5 Yards with 10 Round Capacity
Advanced – 10 Yards with 10 Round Capacity
- Two shooters will shoot head-to-head
- The first shooter to knock all bowling pins off the platform wins that round
- Winner will be placed in an appropriate bracket
Bracket Placing: Shooters will randomly draw a number between 1-10. That number represents your starting place in the bracket. Numbers will be drawn based on shooters arrival.
Chief Range Safety Officer Commands:
- SHOOTERS, LOAD AND MAKE READY – Insert your magazine into your firearm. Release your slide to chamber a round. Take a low ready or high ready position.
- SHOOTERS, READY? – Nod to confirm you are ready to begin
- STAND BY, – CRSO is about to command you to begin firing.
- *BUZZER WILL SOUND* – Begin firing.
- WINNER LEFT/WINNER RIGHT – Immediately stop firing. This command means that the match has ended.
- UNLOAD AND SHOW CLEAR – Unload your firearm by removing the magazine and locking the slide to the rear. Place your firearm on the bench in front of you with the barrel facing downrange and the chamber facing up.
- Firearms will be visually and physically inspected by the shooter and the Range Safety Officer. Firearms will then be cased, and the Range Safety Officer will command that the LINE IS SAFE.
- SETUP PINS – Last shooters will go forward of the firing line to set up their knocked down pins.
Safety Rules Disqualifications
Failure to follow any Triangle Shooting Academy Bowling Pin Shoot Safety Rules or Triangle Shooting Academy General Safety Rules can result in immediate disqualification from the match. Triangle Shooting Academy Range Safety Officers have the final say.
We do not permit shooters to load magazines during a match. If both shooters run out of ammunition, the shooter with the highest number of pins knocked to the ground will win that match.
Optics, and ported firearms are permitted during this shoot.
If you’re interested in attending this course, but all seats have been filled, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the wait-list.
You are required to give a 48-hour notice if you are unable to attend the event for which you have registered. If you fail to give this notice, or you no-call/no-show to the class, you will not receive a refund.
Questions and comments may be directed to Annie at Annie@triangleshootingacademy.com. Thank you.