Defensive Pistol 3
January 24 • 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm$125
4 Hours – $125
Prerequisites: Defensive Pistol 2
“Half the day is night.” Most crime happens at night.
Most defensive pistol encounters occur in low-light environments. Defensive Pistol 3, teaches students to apply the skills learned in previous Defensive Pistol courses including no or low-light situations. Students will learn various flashlight techniques. Students will also begin to master one-handed shooting with both their dominant and nondominant hands. Shooters will learn to draw, shoot, reload, and clear malfunctions while operating a light source. Triangle Shooting Academy’s unique range facility allows students to safely participate in live-fire training in near total darkness during this course. Students will leave this class with confidence in their ability to safely and responsibly succeed in a low-light defensive encounter. As with all of the Defensive Pistol courses, if you have received your Concealed Handgun Permit we strongly recommend that you take this course. Defensive Pistol 3 is a prerequisite for Defensive Pistol 4.
Objectives and Topics Covered:
- Trigger Control
- The Emergency Reload
- The Draw
- Clearing Malfunctions
- One-handed shooting techniques
- Common flashlight techniques
- Low light/no light shooting
- Semi-Automatic Pistol (Furnished by the student, no rentals, no revolvers)
- Magazines (Minimum 3)
- Live ammunition 300+ rounds (Furnished by the student)
- Pistol Holster (Strongside, outside-the-waistband, must cover the trigger guard)
- Magazine Pouches (Minimum 1 – Recommended 2)
- Flashlight (High output, click-on-off tail cap, with pouch or pocket clip)
- Sturdy Belt that fits holster and magazine pouches snugly
- Eye & ear protection
- Notebook and pen (note taking is strongly encouraged)
Payment is required when you register in-store and online.
Individual & Family Members: 10% OFF
Corporate Members: 15% OFF
VIP Lifetime Members: 20% OFF
Please call guest services with membership number to receive discount code.
You are required to give a 48-hour notice if you are unable to attend the course for which you have registered. If you fail to give this notice, or you no-call/no-show to the class, you will not receive a refund. You may register for another class at full price.
If you need to reschedule your course, this also must be done with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice to avoid losing your class fee. You may reschedule or receive a refund if you contact us at least 48 hours before the class.
Questions and comments may be directed to Annie at Annie@triangleshootingacademy.com. Thank you.