Facility Rules & Procedures
Triangle Shooting Academy does not permit open carry. All firearms must be unloaded and cased until the shooter is on the firing line.
The range goes cold at 8:30 pm Monday – Saturday and at 6:30 pm on Sundays. The last shooters are allowed out on the range one hour prior to the range going cold. If you are shooting with us for the first time, we suggest that you arrive 30 minutes prior to when you want to shoot so you have enough time to complete our safety waiver and watch the video.
Guests are allowed to bring their own firearms & ammunition. Please see the range rules below for the ammunition requirements. If you are unsure if your ammunition is allowed please ask range staff.
Triangle Shooting Academy Range Rules
Range Safety Officers are present at all times to ensure the safety of all shooters and bystanders. Each Range Safety Officer may use their full discretion concerning safety on the range. If the unsafe behavior occurs, a warning or corrective instruction will be given. If the unsafe behavior continues to occur, that participant will be asked to leave the range. Please be kind and respectful to the Range Safety Officers. They are there to ensure the safety of you and your neighbors. And always remember, the Range Safety Officers have the final say. If you observe a violation of these range rules, please bring it to the attention of any team member and we will take immediate corrective action. It is our goal to provide you with a safe and fun range experience. Thank you, from the Triangle Shooting Academy Team!
1. Keep your firearm unloaded and cased until you enter your shooting stall. Do not enter the store with a loaded firearm. Uncase all firearm in the shooting stalls only. No firearms are allowed behind the stalls.
2. Always keep firearms unloaded and your finger off the trigger until you are in the stall, on target and ready to shoot.
3. When leaving the range area, ensure all firearms are unloaded and cased.
4. Eye and ear protection must be worn at all times while in the firing area. This includes entering the airlocks.
5. Dry firing is permitted from the shooting stall only.
6. If you have a jam or malfunction and cannot clear the issue yourself, place the firearm on the bench with the barrel pointed down range. Then, ask a Range Safety Officer (RSO) for assistance. Do not remove the firearm from the shooting stall.
7. Do not hand a loaded firearm to another person. Place the firearm on the shooting bench and allow them to pick the firearm up from the bench.
8. Commands issued by a Range Safety Officer must be followed immediately. When the command “CEASE FIRE” is given: STOP SHOOTING immediately and REMOVE your finger from the trigger; keep the firearm pointed down range, remove the magazine from your firearm, lock the slide to the rear, and place your firearm on the bench. Wait for further instructions from a Range Safety Officer.
9. Two people maximum per lane – other guests must remain in the retail area and can watch through the viewing windows. Only one shooter may fire at a time.
10. No one is permitted across the firing line at any time. Request a Range Safety Officer to retrieve any equipment that falls beyond the firing line.
11. Use the appropriate size target, placed on the cardboard backing below the black line, to ensure that your shot strikes the backstop and not the floor, ceiling, or target carrier.
12. Shooting at anything other than your own target is prohibited and will subject you to immediate removal from the range. No cross-lane shooting.
13. Report all violations of range rules to range staff.
14. Triangle Shooting Academy’s bullet traps are designed to handle handgun and rifle calibers under .50 caliber. If you are unsure if your firearm may be shot on the range, please ask a Range Safety Officer for assistance.
15. Be sure your firearm is safe to operate and know how to properly operate it. Please see a Range Safety Officer if you have any questions.
16. Accidental discharges, damages or injuries (no matter how minor) must be reported to a Range Safety Officer immediately.
This dress code is in place for your safety and to prevent hot brass from making contact with your skin. Triangle Shooting Academy reserves the right to refuse anyone to shoot at our facility for dress code.
17. No open-toed shoes or high heels are permitted on the range. We suggest comfortable tennis shoes.
18. No tank tops, low-cut, see-through or cropped shirts are permitted on the range. Hoods are not to be worn inside the facility at any time. No bathrobes or any other uncommon attire.
19. Pants are to be worn at waist level at all times in the facility.
20. All guests of Triangle Shooting Academy must comply with the following age requirements:
- Shooters must be a minimum age of 12 years old.
- Shooters between the ages of 12-17 must be with a parent or legal guardian and under their direct supervision to shoot a handgun or long-gun.
- All shooters under the age of 18 must be accompanied on the same lane by a parent or legal guardian at all times on the range.
- To rent a semiautomatic or bolt-action rifle, you must be 18 years of age or older.
- To rent a semiautomatic or pump-shotgun, you must be 18 years of age or older.
- To rent a handgun or suppressor, you must be 21 years of age or older.
- To rent or operate an automatic firearm, you must be 21 years of age or older.
- Shooters aged between 18-20 must be accompanied by someone 21 years of age or older to shoot a handgun. This age requirement includes handguns legally owned by individuals under the age of 21.
- To purchase shotgun ammunition, rifle ammunition, air-rifle pellets or BBs, you must be 18 years of age or older.
- To purchase handgun ammunition, primers, or reloading powder, you must be 21 years of age or older.
21. All firearms must be cased at all times anywhere in the facility, excluding when you are in your assigned lane in the range.
22. Anyone who wishes to go into the range must obtain a range or membership card, by filling out our Range Safety Waiver and watching the Safety Video.
23. When renting a firearm from Triangle Shooting Academy, shooters are asked to have a Range Safety Officer check the rental firearm in the lane prior to leaving the bay and returning the firearm to the rental counter.
24. Triangle Shooting Academy asks that all participants be honest when referring to their background and knowledge of firearms. New shooters may receive help from experienced shooters in their party or from a Triangle Shooting Academy Range Safety Officer.
25. Drawing from a holster requires prior certification from Triangle Shooting Academy’s Range Safety Officers or completion of Defensive Pistol 2.
Prohibited Ammunition, Devices, and Materials
26. The following types of ammunition are NOT permitted on the range:
- Steel Core
- Steel or Aluminum Cases
- Armor Piercing
- Green-Tip or Tracers
- Black Powder or Muzzleloaders
- Bird-Shot, Buck-Shot, or any other type of ammunition which includes a Shot type of projectile
- Any other type of ammunition which is not listed but deemed unsafe by a Range Safety Officer
Slugs ARE permitted to be used in Shotguns.
27. No bump-stocks or binary triggers are permitted on the range. Any other modifications to a firearm that increase the rate of fire may or may not be permitted at the discretion of our Chief Range Safety Officer.
28. Shotguns, rifles, or AR-style pistols without a stock to shoulder cannot be used on the range.
29. All firearms must have sights or an optic to be fired on the range.
30. Triangle Shooting Academy reserves the right to deny the use of targets on the range that may be deemed offensive or unsafe.
31. Food, beverages, and tobacco are not allowed in the firing area. Smoking or vaping is strictly prohibited on Triangle Shooting Academy property.
For everyone’s safety,
32. Firing a shot that results in damage to any range equipment may result in a repair fee and/or immediate removal from the range.
33. Triangle Shooting Academy reserves the right to refuse services and membership to any individual who, in our judgment, would endanger the safety of our staff or patrons. Any unsafe conduct may result in immediate dismissal from the range without a refund.
34. Triangle Shooting Academy is under video and audio surveillance.
35. Triangle Shooting Academy staff have the final authority.