Triangle Shooting Academy is happy to partner with Silencershop.com to meet the needs of our customers in a timely manner. A few points regarding processing are listed below.
- To purchase a silencer or SBR, the customer must build a free account with silencershop.com
- Fingerprints will be collected in-store on a SID kiosk (Do not bring in a fingerprint card)
- The customer will upload a passport-style photo and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a trust document is utilized for a transfer, each responsible person on the trust will have to build an account and complete transfer paperwork
- a $205.00 tax stamp must be purchased at Silencershop.com for each silencer or SBR
- There is no additional fee for the SIK Kiosk service if the firearm is purchased through TSA or Silencershop.com
- A $40.00 fee will be collected if the customer wishes to use another dealer for their silencer or SBR purchase
Keep in mind that all the steps listed above can be completed in-store in 30 minutes or less.
A trust may be set up at the expense of $100 without the purchase of a firearm or silencer. The fee is reduced to $50 with a purchase of a firearm/silencer. A trust may be established for free with the purchase of two firearms.
- Do not bring in pre-filled form 4.
- To purchase a silencer you must be 21 years of age
- Buyer must be a North Carolina Resident
- An official government photo I.D. that states current residence is required
- i.e. NC Driver’s License, NC Identification Card, etc.
- A North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit is no longer required for the purchase of a silencer
Tax stamp and entire price of the silencer are paid up front.
NFA Transfers: Triangle Shooting Academy may receive NFA transfers from anyone except Bud’s Guns and Tombstone Tactical. All NFA transfers from FFL to FFL Dealer are $100 and can be made by contacting Ethan via email at [protect-email]email@example.com[/protect-email].
● Triangle Shooting Academy does not transfer Destructive Devices
ATF Wait times: For Form 3’s, wait times average 30 days. For Form 4’s, the average wait time is 5 months. (Wait times may be longer for Trusts)
Form 3: transfers from dealer to dealer
Form 4: transfers from dealer to individual
Any NFA Transfer approved and not picked up within 30 days will be subject to cancellation. Exceptions may be made under extenuating circumstances (i.e. extended jury duty, active military duty, etc.)
See Silencershop for a complete list of available brands.